325I ENGINE SHAKING

2003 BMW 325

Shakes or Wobbles problem
2003 BMW 325 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 50500 miles

I have noticed my whole car shaking a bit when its at rest. It appears to be the engine vibrating more than typical. It happens wether Im in park, drive, reverse, or neutral. It idels at approx 700rpm and doesnt really change as the car vibrates, but it feels like it might stall. Any idea's. Thanks
JPPJ36

Probably bad coils, BMW should have sent you a letter, call the dealer and see if they had ever replaced the coils. This is covered under the Federal emission law so regular warranty does not apply. The manufacturer is on the hook for 8 years and 80k miles for the emission related components and coils are emissions related when they cause a misfire that can damage the catalytic converter. Put their feet to the fire and let me know if I need to get your back.

Dr. Hagerty
They actually did replace the ignition coils back in 2004. Could it be the mounting brackets of the engine or even the spark plugs? Thank

JPPJ36
Is the check engine light on?

Dr. Hagerty
The check engin light is not on.

JPPJ36