NO START . NO POWER TO FUEL PUMP

2012 Hyundai Other • 320 miles

2012 Hyundai Veloster. 320 miles. Bought as salvage. Hit in drivers door. 6 speed manual transmission. Car ran when I bought it. Car sat 4 months with battery disconnected. Installed used door and new seatbelt from dealer. Car started and drove for 2 minutes and shut off. Replaced a window safety fuse. All other fuses good. No airbag or other dash lights on. Plugged in Elm 327. Code for " fuel rail pressure" only. No power at fuel pump or fuel pressure regulator with key in ON position. Verified manually no fuel pressure at fuel pressure regulator and no fuel pumping to regulator when cranking engine. Battery has plenty of power. Is there a Hyundai Tech who knows an ECU reset procedure?
Gfur6009

Ecu should reset as you drive it. Checkfor power at fuel pupm if you have no pressure. Check fuse underhood as well as relay, it may have been damaged and is not powering up. Fuel pressure should be 47-53 psi but you didnt' give engine or model car so this is just general.

What is the EXACT trouble code you are getting?
Information for this vehicle is incomplete in our database so our help on this is limited. Fuel pump has a relay that is dedicated to it and seems it is not working to supply power to the fuel pump.

Is vehicle with or without smartkey?
Did you test if the engine control relay is working?

2012 Hyundai Veloster: my engine is a 1.6L. 6 speed manual transmission. I have power to my fuel pump fuse. I have 2 power sources at the fuel pump relay. I DO NOT have power to the fuel pump or fuel pressure regulator with the key in the ON position. My educated guess is that an ECU is stopping the ground wire that completes the circuit for the power to the fuel pump. Since this is only an educated guess, I am seeking the advice of someone with Hyundai Veloster experience. My Elm 327 bluetooth reader did not give exact trouble codes. I only received two red alarms for "fuel rail pressure" which I verified by the aforementioned checks

Gfur6009
You shoul dhave 2 poser sources to relay but soundslike relay doesn't work, try switch ing with another like relay and see if that worksit.

Relay works when I ground another of the terminals. I could really use a schematic

Gfur6009
Here are the schematics. Did you check if the security system is triggerred?

Is vehicle equipped with smart key?

Per my original message I only have a keyless remote. I was told by the dealership that my vehicle does not have a theft system. I do not have smart key. I do not have push button starting. I do not have remote starting. I have a base model Veloster. There is NO transponder chip inside the key per the dealership. The car originally ran when I got it. There are no dash lights on. There is no power to the fuel pump or fuel regulator. Thanks for the schematics

Gfur6009
Then find your ground problem to the fuelpump relay that's why it's not working.

OK. Got the car to run. Per the schematics, I bypassed my green/bulk ground wire to the ECM. It gave me power to my fuel pump but car would not start. I removed the fuel pressure regulator and turned the key to ON position to make sure the fuel pump was pumping fuel. I pumped 2 liters of gas into a Coke bottle and pulled my bypass ground wire. I reinstalled the fuel regulator and reconnected my ground ECM bypass wire. The fuel pump ran for a few minutes and the car started. The car ran for 5 minutes and I decided to pull my green/bulk ground bypass wire. The car kept running. My Elm 327 codes are #s: p0087, p0191, p0562, c1555, p0230. When all codes were cleared, an historic code of : p0191(fuel rail pressure sensor circuit) has been stored. No other codes come back up. My best educated guess is that there was air in the fuel line. Then The ECM shut off the fuel pump because it saw that there was no fuel pressure. When I bypassed the ECM ground it started the fuel pump and by pulling the fuel regulator, it allowed all air to escape the fuel lines. By letting the fuel pump runfor a few minutes, the fuel lines built up enough pressure to tell the ECM to turn the fuel pump bback on. I could then pull my green/bulk bypass wire and the car continued to run. I will drive it and give you an update in a few days. Thanks again for the schematics!

Gfur6009
You're welcome. Lets keep our fingers crossed.