MITSUBISHI ENDEAVOR CLICK PROBLEM

2011 Mitsubishi Endeavor • 35,000 miles

Hi - I hear a clicking noise by the left side (as I face the engine compartment) radiator fan. The clicking occurs when the fan turns on only. Prior to this occurrance, I have never hear this noise and am concerned that it could be a sign of some bigger issue. Also, I hear 3 clicks then the engine stalled out. I restarted the engine and it ontinued to click every few minutes. Please let me know if the fan switch is faultly or if its a sign of another issue? Thank you in advance! ~Michal
Cyna71195

Check the fan for hitting the shroud or something in the fan itself.

I checked the fan shroud and verified that the fan is not hitting anything. The clicking only happens when the fan comes on. Normally, there wouldn't be any clicking noise, but the past two days I've noticed this sound. I opened the hood and observed the fan turn on and then make the clicking noise. Is it possible that the switch at the fan is ready to malfunction?

Cyna71195
No it' is more of a afan problem it may be the fan motor itself then. Have apro listen to it for a better opinion.