TOYOTA TACOMA WINDSHIELD PROBLEM

2009 Toyota Tacoma • 45,000 miles

Last summer, the windshield on my truck was shattered at a kids baseball game. My remote start hasn't worked since. The transmitter is still mounted in the position it was originally located, but the light isn't on. (Not sure if that is good or bad). The light on the remote still works, so I'm guessing it's not a simple battery fix. Is there some kind of reprogramming that needs to be done since the transmitter had to be removed and remounted? Is it something I can do, or will I have to take it to a tech and spend more money?

Factory or aftermarket?

I'm not sure if it's factory or not, because I bought the truck used. But the remote has the brand name Code Alarm and looks to be model 4051. If I had to guess, I'd say factory. (The truck has all kinds of bells and whistles that I never would have paid for. But I like the remote start. Especially in the winter!)

And after reading my post, I see that I forgot to mention that I had the windshield replaced. Could the glass company have disconnected something?

Chris82