I DRIVE A 2.7, 4 CYLINDER, 5 SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION. MY TRUCK STALLS AND BUCK INTERMITTENTLY.

2006 Toyota Tacoma • 155,000 miles

My truck stalls and bucks intermittently. I notice that the needles on the guages will die and the truck will lose power for 1 to 10 seconds most of the time. When this happens, I discovered that if I unlock the wheel adjustment lever and move the wheel up and down, I regain power almost immediately most of the time. Sometimes I will lose power for a minute or so. At this time all guages are dark. When the guages are illuminated I am able to start my truck. I failed to mention the engine light is not on, all that comes on is the airbag light for about 5 seconds. The service engine soon light is on, a long time before I had this issue with my truck. Toyota has a recall on the spiral cable. Do you think this issue is related or is it something else?
Dano7r70

Sounds like a loose wire to the ignition. When you say sprial cable are you talking about the air bag wires?