AIR CONDITIONER WILL NOT BLOW COLD AIR, ONLY WARM AIR.

2009 Chrysler Town and Country • 40,000 miles

2009 Chrysler Town & Country with 40,000 miles. Air conditioner will not blow cold air, only warm. The clutch is not engaging. Disconnected the clip which seems to go to the compressor and checked with volt meter. 11.5 volts after I turn on the key, indifferent of the AC on or not. Connector is tightly wedged between the compressor and the PS pump so I'm not completely sure if its for the AC.

Am I testing the connector for the PS pump or the AC compressor?
If PS, where is the connector for AC compressor?

I read some articles on checking the low pressure switch but they didn't give good details, only looking for corrosion. Is there a way to test it?
Also read some about direct wiring the compressor to see if the clutch will engage. Needed? How?
The connector seems to have the pins sunken inside and not sure how to get wire inside without touching the wires together except for splicing the wire on the back side of the connector. Any recommendations?

I've checked a few things but any help to understand what am I missing as to why the clutch may not be engaging would be very appreciated.
Cnberry

The compressor may not be coming on because the a/c system is low on charge or there is a problem with the a/c running pressure or a bad a/c clutch/compressor. Lets start with what color wire is going to this connector your asking about?Also how many wires are in the connector?

There are two wires. One black and the other is Blue and yellow.

Cnberry
Did you check the pressures etc like I also mentioned?

I connected my gauge to the low pressure and got nothing a few days ago but I was under the impression that it wouldn't measure right unless the compressor was running. I can check it again if this is not true but I don't have the gauges needed for the high pressure side. Is checking both important at this point?

Cnberry
If the low side reads 0psi with it running or not there is no need to check the high side right now. Thats why the compressor is not comming on atleast one of the reasons. Sounds like you have no charge in your a/c system.

I have checked it again and put some in it. The clutch seems to be engaging now. Do I continue to fill it up while the car is running or do I fill it up with the car turned off?

Cnberry
So was it completly empty?Do you know how much charge it holds?I wish you would have talk to me before charging it. Your going to have to add some charge with dye to find the leak you have. Unless its oil all over and easy to see. Also yes you can charge the a/c with it running on the low side only.

So, if it still needs more charge or leaks out, do you recommend buying the type with the dye and adding instead of adding the can I have? Makes sense, to find the leak.

Cnberry
Yes I always put in dye in the system no matter what that way I dont have to recharge with dye later if needed. If it was empty just dont over fill it. If its empty there has to be a leak somewhere. Dont use the gauge to tell when its full that is a inacurate way to fill it. Go by how many ounces in the can you are adding. That only works if the system is empty when you start.