I WOULD LIKE TO DIAGNOSE ENGINE HESITATION PROBLEM

2009 Buick Enclave • 30,000 miles

At a constant rate of speed and sometimes while accelerating, the engine will just sputter or hesitate for no reason. When I let off of the gas and re-accelerate it seems to improve momentarily. This happens infrequently and mostly while traveling long distances and almost never while driving around town on shorter distances. It also seems to happen when on the interstate going 65-70 mph for extended periods of time. I love this vehicle but would like to fix the problem. It is just enough to be annoying on long distance travels. I have taken it to the dealership on two different occasions and they can't find anything wrong. There was a "letter" issued on the vehicle some time ago regarding an adjustment to the computer system, which they completed. This did not help the problem, however.
Jloope

I would look at basics like the plugs, wires, coils, fuel and air filter. If none of these then you need to check the cat converter and have a analysis done with the computer data.

I own a 2009 Buick Enclave and had the same problem since 3 mos after purchasing it new. It took Buick dealer 18 months to finally find the problem. Engine Cylinder misfiring which caused coil and spark plug to break down. It has happened again two more times on different cylinders. In fact is happening right now so am taking back dealer. My car is out of warranty as well.

Marciakf
Finally, the Buick Dealer has diagnosed the problem! It's exactly as marciakf experienced with the coil (I think they said they had to replace an ignition or engine coil - (not sure what the difference is) and 2 spark plugs). It fixed the problem and it hasn't happened since. I only hope it lasts before the warranty runs out!

Jloope