CHRYSLER ASPEN NOISE PROBLEM

2008 Chrysler Aspen • 50,000 miles

My 2008 Aspen started making a clicking/thumping noise from the rear passenger side this past July (2012). It almost sounds like a fan motor rubbing. At first the noise seemed to go away once I turned the rear temp control up so it wasn't trying to cool. Now that our weather is turning cold the noise seems to come and go (even when the car is not running). Yesterday the car was parked (not running/no key) and I could hear the clicking from the outside of the car. It clicked for a few seconds and then stopped. I then started the car and drove for a few blocks and didn't hear the noise at all. It comes and goes and I can't pin point where the noise is actually coming from. It clicks both when trying to cool and heat.

Please help!

Rod
Rodscar

I too have a Chrysler aspen 2008 with the same problem. It has been making that awful clicking noise for months key in or out and now I have no heat in the rear.

Skapler
I have a 2008 Aspen with Hemi and I too am hearing a rapid knocking noise on rear passenger side. Please help if anyone figures out what the problem is. Sounds like it is heater related I will trouble shoot and see what I can find out as well.

Johnlarson1
I have a 2008 Aspen with the same problem? It started out of the blue. It been going on for months.

Chryslergirl
Okay, all of you who have the same noise coming from the back right rear seat of your Chrysler Aspens. What I found, (thanks to Quinn Chrysler in Bartlesville Oklahoma) there are two actuators inside the rear passenger side rear seat area. They are supposed to open and close a vent door depending on heating or cooling. These actuators are about the size of a home electrical breaker. The service manager at Quinn diagnosed the problem and had the actuators replaced. I have not had a problem with the clicking noise since.
The actuators cost around $35.00 each, I did pay for a couple of hours labor to have the rear side panel removed and actuators installed.

RodAspen

Rodscar
Did you correct your rear noise by changing the actuators?