HI HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY AUDIO IN CAR..WHEN I TURN THE KEY TO START IT, I SOMETIMES GET A WHOOPING SOUND OR POPPING SOUND THRU MY SPEAKERS, DASH OR RADIO AREA. IT CAN HAPPEN WHEN RADIO IS ON OR OFF. ALSO REMOVED FUSE AND IT STOPPED TOTALLY. JUST REPLACED

2008 Chevrolet Impala • 65,000 miles

What could or should I do next?
Ohiocar21

You are tied to the dealer on this one. General Motors has figured out many ways to bleed money from you after the sale. The high failure radio is one of them. To prevent you from buying a high-quality aftermarket radio, they began building the Body Computer into them. From talking with other people, the typical repair cost is around $450.00, and when it is returned from their grossly over-priced repair facility, it has to be programmed to your car before it will work. That can only be done by the dealer. Just one more reason GM is an extremely customer-unfriendly company and has been losing repeat customers.