CHEVROLET IMPALA BATTERY PROBLEM

1995 Chevrolet Impala • 139,000 miles

Engine will not turn, but electronics and lighting still come on inside the car when key turned in ignition. Got a jump and it started right away. Is this a battery problem or an ignition issue? (Battery is approx. 5 years old - Optima Red 34/78)

Also, looking through batteries online. Looking to replace that Red 34/78 but also saw that the Yellow Top recharges faster. I work 5 minutes from home and am running 2 speakers and a deck off of the battery (other speakers and subs off amps). Thinking that the short period of time I drive my car is not allowing my battery the correct amount of time to properly recharge.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Gary

Gary, it if won't turn over, the first thing I would check is the battery. Remove it and take it to a parts store and have them load test it. Then you will know if it is good or not.

Since you drive such a short distance, I would recommend (if you can find one) to get the battery that has a quicker recharge time.