ENGINE PINGING PROBLEM WHEN ACCELERATING

2008 BMW 750Li • 37,500 miles

I have taken my 2008 BMW 750Li to the BMW Service Center 3 times for engine pinging problem during acceleration with negative results. Would you happen to have a fix for this? I have been using 91 octane from Shell or Chevron since I've owned the car. I've had this pinging / detonation noise coming from the egine during sudden acceleration since I bought the car in May 2010. The dealer preformed some sort of induction flush of the fuel system but it didn't help.
Romeom

Have you tried adding higher octane fuel?

Fixitmr
Also have the EGR valve checked if its opening

Using 91 octane fuel didn't help because I've been using it since I owned the car. Would the engine light come on if the EGR is mafunctioning?

Romeom
Don't always rely on the CEL to give you a headstart-check the EGR valve operation

Pinging is KNOWN issue with your car and other BMWs did you change spark plugs?

Fixitmr
No EGR on BMW since 1979. BMW knows about the problem, they are not inclined to fix it. Had several of them at the stealer, oops, dealer do the same thing.

Dr. Hagerty
Merry Christmas guys-be safe and sound

Anymore suggestions/recommendations in regards to trhe engine pinging

Romeom
Add some octane booster?

Fixitmr
Octane booster (Lucas brand) is not street legal. Anymore recommendations?

Romeom