CEL ON AFTER ENGAGING REVERSE GEAR

2007 Suzuki Reno • 34,500 miles

2007 Suzuki Reno, 34,500 miles, automatic with AC.

After driving for approximately 15 miles, I went to parallel park and shifted into reverse- the gear didn't feel like it engaged, rather, it felt like it was in neutral. The Check Engine light came on, then after about 5 seconds, the car shifted into reverse very roughly (caused the entire car to jolt) and the LCD readout that shows what gear I am in (P, R, N, D, 3, 2, 1) started quickly cycling through all gears even though I was still in reverse. Thereafter, the vehicle would shift roughly between Park and Reverse, but not from reverse to neutral, then rough again going from neutral to drive. I changed the oil in it which cleared the CEL, but then it came back again after I used the Reverse gear. The CEL is always on now but the rough shifting between gears only happens AFTER it has had a chance to warm up AND I engage the reverse gear- which afterword, if I have the car in Drive it feels like I'm halfway in neutral and half in drive (takes much more gas to accelerate) but once up to about 35MPH, it feels like I have full power again. If I stop then it feels like I'm halfway in neutral again. If I don't use the reverse hear, the CEL will stay on but there is no rough shifting and I have full power when in drive. Any help is greatly appreciated
Revolution0

Lets start with what codes you have in the computer turning the cel on?Please list the exact code numbers not code descriptions.

I haven't taken it in to get any codes checked yet, and unfortunately I'm at work right now. I will try to stop off at a parts store and get it scanned. I'm super worried that the transmission is going out and my bumper to bumper warranty expired earlier this year

Revolution0
Alright lets start by getting those codes write down the numbers and let me know what they are.

PRNDL Switch could be bad. This senses which gear the car is in. It will not indicate correctly (on the dash indicator) in all gears if it is bad. Shifting is rough into Reverse and it only operates in high gear (no changing) when in the drive position. This is why it seems to be slow to accelerate. I had to change mine at about 60,000 miles.

Jimmyhenson