OUR OIL LIGHT HAS BEEN COMING ON....

2007 Suzuki Reno • 100,000 miles

And according to the book says that the engine is not getting oil, so what might be causing this, the oil sending unit or oil pump and how hard they to replace yourself?
Edlott25

First, is there any knocking or ticking from the engine when the light comes on? If not, try replacing the oil sending unit. If there is noise, don't run the engine until the oil pump can be checked.

Thank you, there is noise, so I guess I need to go the oil pump first.

Edlott25
Yes, if you hear a knock or tick, that tells me the engine isn't getting oil. Usually a bad pump. It will need checked. However, I recommend having it repaired before running the engine to prevent any additional damage.

Wish I had better news, but those are the facts.

We have noticed leaking oil from just under the valve cover, could this cause the light to come on and low oil pressure?

Edlott25
Is replacing the valve cover gasket a job we can do with out too much problem?

Edlott25
Yes, a valve cover is something you could do. We have directions on our homepage under the DIY section. However, it won't cause the light to come on unless the oil is very low as a result of the leak.