STARTS BUT DOES NOT STAY RUNNING & INTERIOR LIGHTS STAY ON, BATTERY DISCONNECT / RECONNECT FIXES PROBLEM

2007 Saturn Vue • 102,000 miles

2007 Saturn Vue FWD V6 102,000 mi.

This issue has happened twice in the past 2 years. Both occured on cold days once after being parked overnight and the other while being parked for an hour. The car will start but will not continue running more than 2 seconds. I will try to start several times and the same occurs.

Both times the car was towed. After the car was towed, it was noted that the interior dome lights would stay lit. To keep the battery from dying, I would disconnect the battery. After reconnecting the battery, the car would start no problem and run just fine and all lights worked as expected.

No relevant codes found. Mechanic at the dealer could not duplicate the issue after reconnecting the battery.

Any ideas?

2007SaturnVUE

When this no start happened was the security light on solid or flashing?Also the did check the body control module for codes not just the engine for codes?Did the fuel gauge temp gauge door locks keyless entry all work when this happened?Also anything else strange happen?

Thank you. The codes were from a residential diagnosis tool (bought at Costco) plugged into the dash input on the drivers side. Only codes were cylinder misfire and trans fluid code. Did not note the fuel or temp guage, but the door locks and the keyless entry did not work.

2007SaturnVUE
So was the security light on solid or flashing when it wouldnt start?Also next time take note of anything inop when it fails to start. Also has the body control module been scanned for codes after a no start incident?

Now the car is working. I will definately make a note of the items you brought up. I did not notice the security light. I think it did flash initially when the car started along with the rest of the dashboard. Thanks for your notes about what to look for next time. The last time this happened was 2 years ago, so hopefully it is another 2 years before it happens ago. Does it makes sense that unplugging the battery terminal would reset the computer system? Like a Windows reboot?

2007SaturnVUE
It would be more like when your cell phone locks up which is called logic lock. You then have to turn it off and on again to reset it. They are craming more and more in a smaller and smaller package these days. Even the new radios are getting logic lock these days and the onstar computers as well. Keep me posted and we will go from there.