MITSUBISH - CLUNKING NOISE OVER BUMPS

2007 Mitsubishi Outlander • 6 cylinder 4WD Automatic • 35,000 miles

I have a 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander (XLS, 3.0L V6), and it is still under warranty. When I go over a bump, there is a clunking or scraping noise coming from the front. I have taken it to the dealer twice and they have replaced things, but nothing has taken care of the problem. The dealer first replaced both tie rod ends and a strut. When the problem persisted, I took it back to them and they replaced the other strut and both wheel bearings. I just got it back from them yesterday and the problem still exists. What else could this be? Is there something specific that I can have them check?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Metzgerf

Tell them to check for a cracked coil and check control arm bushings.

Front sway bar bushings, the ones on the frame, and maybe the link bushings at the end of the sway bar as well, are common causes of clunk-clunk. Buy polyurethane replacements (Prothane) instead of oem rubber ones.

Bottemann
2007 Mitsubishi Outlander Mitsubish - clunking noise over bumps

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM TO THE LETTER ANY ANSWERS ON THIS PROBLEM METZGERF
THEY ARE PLAYING THE GUESSING GAME AT THIS POINT.
ANY INPUT WOULD GREATLY HELP.
RT63

Rt63
@rt63 - I have not gotten a resolution on this issue yet. I still have a little while before my warranty expires, so I plan to have a friend of the family (mechanic) inspect it in great detail at some point. I will update this posting if I get any answers.

Metzgerf