CLIMATE CONTROL MALFUNCTION?

2007 Kia Amanti • 98,000 miles

My climate control seems to have a mind of its own at least as far as the led indicators on the control unit. The leds blink or come on at random. It never indicate what the actual function is. The unit seems to work, I hit mode, it switches, or auto, it comes on to preset temp etc. Just the indicators don't reflect whats actually happening. The only thing I'm unsure of is the recirculate button. I hit it I can hear no determinable sound difference in the air flow. So I do not know if its outside air or in recirculate. What could be causing this? Faulty control unit?
Glenshook

I would have the climate control scanned for codes the basic scan tools the auto parts stores has cant do that.

That would imply an expensive visit to the dealer I would suspect?

Glenshook
Actually if you call around the independent repair shops you should find one that has a scan tool that can read codes on your ac. You have auto climate control which has a computer in ac panel so when something goes wrong more money and special tools to fix it.I will stick with my manual ac where you slide the temp adjustment and turn the ac on and off if you get too cold yourself. Easier to fix and less headaches.

Thanks for the help. It came with the car, bought it used so didn't get a lot of choice but I do agree. Love the manual dual climate in my truck, keeps on working

Glenshook
Your welcome thats what were here for.