CAR WON'T START. HELP!

2007 Honda Civic • 64,000 miles

2007 Honda Civic LX, 2-Door, Automatic, 64,000 mi.

Over the past week or two, I noticed that when I'd crank the car, it would almost struggle (at times) to start. Just the other day the car has ceased to start at all. The only two sounds you hear when turning the key is the whir of the fuel pump priming and one click (I assume it's from the starter motor).

Here's what I've already eliminated:

- Not an immobilizer key issue
- Not a battery, battery cable, clamps or fuse issue
- Not a starter motor, solenoid or relay issue
- Not a fuse issue (I checked them all)
- Not a fuel pump issue

I've tried everything short of sending it to the dealership.

Any help would be most appreciated.
Brianjacobiwilder

You will have to test for a strong spark, injection pulse and fuel pressure is ok, just because you can hear the pump is no indication that fuel pressure is correct.

Mhpautos
What's the best at-home way of doing that?

Brianjacobiwilder
Use an old spark plug, attach lead and earth plug to engine, crank (do not hold) you should see a strong spark jump, injectors will click when operated listen with a screw driver touching the injector body and your ear to the handle, and you will need a test light or a noid light to check injection pulse power, fuel pressure will require a pressure gauge, but you can do a flow test by attaching a length of fuel hose from the filter into a contained and turning on ignition, check for strong and flow.

Mhpautos
Thank you. Now, I didn't mention this before, but I believe my right hydraulic engine mount is worn so the engine compartment has been rattling. Could that cause certain wires to disconnect, loosen, etc.

Brianjacobiwilder
No I doubt it, there is a lot of give in the loom, so I would tend to discount that.

Mhpautos