ELECTRICAL/RADIO CLASSIC

2007 GMC Sierra • V8 2WD Automatic • 100,100 miles

I have a 2007 gmc sierra classic crew cab. I started having problems with my radio this week so I decided to change out the head unit. Put a new one that is recommended for my truck and same thing is happening. First thing in the morning the radio only comes out of the small speakers in the front doors and sounds horrible. This lasts till about the same time every day around 11am. Any ideas of what can be causing this? Thanks
Carter96

Is there a separate amp unit? Change that.

Fixitmr
No. No amp. What has me stumped is that it worked fine last night and now it is doing the same thing the old stock radio was doing. Would putting it on a code reader maybe tell me something? My check engine light has been on for about 6 months now. Last time I did that they told me it said a part my truck supposedly doesn't have was showing defective

Carter96
The radio did not start working yesterday at all. In doing some research the only thing I have come up with is possibly the bcm. Is there any way to test this? Also, I did not think of this before but I have been going through low beam headlights kind of fast. Changed them 3 times in the past 6 months

Carter96
Standard bulbs or high performance colored 1's? And you do know not to touch the glass part with fingers right?

Fixitmr
Hey carter96, did you ever solve this problem? My '07 sierra is having the same symptoms.

Wilber100
Hey carter96, did you ever solve this one? My 07 sierra has the same symptoms, the two front tweeters and one rear speaker work. The rest have no output at all.

Wilber100
Guys, use a meter to check for output on the channels that aren't working. Check continuity of the wires between the head unit and the speakers. Make sure the speaker polarity is correct.

Also, as fixitmr mentioned, NEVER handle the glass portion of light bulbs with bare hands. The oils and acids in your fingers will cause them to burn out prematurely.

Rivermikerat
Thanks rivermikerat. I verified the problem to be the speakers. How in the heck can three spekers go out at practically the same time? It is only five years old too!

Wilber100
Check the wiring. Especially the connector in the back of the head unit. You're most likely going to find something loose. Also check the moisture barriers around the speakers.

Rivermikerat
I have a 2007 Sierra crew that does the same thing, it seems to happen when the weather is damp or wet, like early in the morning. I've checked the head unit and wiggled the wires, unplugged and plugged back in with no luck so I'm going to try the speakers next.

07classiccrew4.8