CHEVROLET IMPALA DEALER PROBLEM

2007 Chevrolet Impala • 150,000 miles

I have a 2007 chevy Impala. There is a symbol that pops up whenever I try to start the car. Ithe symbol looks likes a car with a lock on it. The car won't start but it does try to start. I read something that says it may be something with the cars security system. I really need to know what that means. I just spent 6000.00 on it yesterday.
Jasontolbert

As I stated, do you have another key? It is a security issue and most common is the key wearing out

roy

There is not another key. I was only given on key and one key fob. What do you suggest I do? What exactly does that symbol mean?

Jasontolbert
It is a security issue. It does not see the password and will not let it run

There is no keypad to input any passwords. It does on like a keypad use to be there. How would this problem be corrected?

Jasontolbert
Most likely will need a new ingnition swithc/tumbler assembly and the security system would have to be re set.

Outs there a particular person or company that you recommend that ours reasonably priced?

Jasontolbert
I reccomend dealer as they will be the ones you must secure the parts and they are the ones who will unlock the security.

So theres no one else you has the ability to unlock the security? How much does a job like this cost

Jasontolbert