WHY IS A SCRAPING NOISE OCCURRING AFTER FIXING AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEM?

2007 Chevrolet Aveo • 125,900 miles

Okay so I let a chain auto service do about $900 worth of work on my air conditioning system including: new drier/accum, expansion valve, a/c charge, and air compressor, after all of this the air works, however, whenever I turn it on it makes an awful scraping like sound.

You can here it when I shift into reverse or drive and in my gas pedal, and apparently outside of the car as said by a passenger. I took it back and he said something about the compressor being tight and knocking against the engine I believe. He said he loosened it a little but couldn't find anything wrong with it and that's just how it will sound.

It doesn't sound right to me because that is not the way I brought it to them, it sounded perfectly fine before. Before I go complain again I am taking it to get a second opinion but it won't be until later this week and I really just want some feedback now.

Again, it only sounds like this when the air is on, when it is off my pedals don't make the scraping sound neither does shifting in and out of gears sound bad. If you have any ideas let me know please.

It's a 2007 Chevrolet Aveo 1.6L MFI DOHC 4cyl

And if it helps other things I had done within the same week were, new front brakes, fuel system service, and spark plug replacement. They suggested an alignment, valve gasket cover, and timing belt change all of which will be done in 3 days, just not by them because I don't feel like I can trust them with my vehicle anymore seeing as how they have made 3 mistakes already.

T4ua

Take it back to the chain store and have them fix it right. If it is scraping like you said, there is a serious issue. Something is wrong with ther repair

roy