MY CAR IS LEAKING OIL A FRIEND AND I REMOVED THE INTAKE AND THERE WAS OIL ON TOP OF ENGINE BLOCK WE REMOVED SPARK PLUGS AND 2 VALVES HAD OIL IN THEM

2006 Volvo S40 • 87,000 miles

The pressure is good on the spark plugs and someone told me it could be rings? I dont want to spend 800 or more to fix it if I can do it myself
thank you
Markamcguire

If it is rings, you better know how to re build a motor.

Before you jump to conclusions, let a shop at least verify the finding of your friend. 800 is very cheap and most likely will be double that if the job is performed.

What do you mean by leaking oil? You see a drip? If you do then most likely the oil trap box is leaking. Since these is a partial zero emmissions vehicle the emmisions warranty is 10 years or 150,000 miles warranty on the oil trap box. If consuming oil then a tear down most be done to inspect the head and measure the piston running clearance to see if they are oversized or rings need to be done?

JIS001