PROBLEMS WITH

2006 Honda Odyssey • 6 cylinder FWD Automatic • 39,000 miles

The ABS and VSA lights are on and both the power sliding doors won't work when the vehicle is on and is in park. It would only work when the vehicle is off. My vehicle is a 2006 Honda Odyssey
Camachojd

Here are the explanation for the basic operations, was any steps missed out?

BASIC OPERATION
Opening a Door with the Power Sliding Door Switch or the Remote Transmitter

To open a door electrically: • The Main switch must be ON.
• If the ignition switch is ON, the shift lever must be in Park or in Neutral with the foot brake or parking brake ON.
• If the ignition switch is OFF, the shift lever must be in Park.
• The door must be unlocked, and the fuel fill door must be closed (left door only).

1. If the Power Sliding Door Switch is used, the switch sends a signal to the power sliding door control unit for that door. If the remote transmitter is used, the door multiplex sends an open message to the power sliding door control unit for that door.

2. The power sliding door control unit sends a signal to the release actuator to unlatch the door.

3. The release actuator rotates the linkage on the outer handle crank which pulls the outer handle cable B. Outer handle cable B rotates the linkage on the remote control assembly, which pulls the front and rear latch cables. This releases the front and rear latches mechanically unlatching the door.

4. The power sliding door control unit then activates the electromagnetic clutch and starts the slide motor. The slide motor moves the cables that move the door.

5. The power slide door motor pulser senses the movement of the slide motor, and sends pulses to the power sliding door control unit. The control unit uses these pulses to judge the speed and position of the door.

6. When the power sliding door control unit judges that the door is fully open, it turns off the slide motor and the electromagnetic clutch.

As to the ABS and VSA, get a scan done to retrieve the trouble codes to understand what is wrong.

Is the Check Engine Light indicating?

No the check engine light is not on. With the sliding door when the vehicle is off I can open the doors with the switch, but as soon as I turn on the car and the doors are open the beep sound comes on, but my car is in park not on any gear. In order for me to open the doors the vehicle has to be off. This just happened last week.

Camachojd
SLIDING DOOR BEEPER LOGIC
This beeper alerts the driver and occupants that the sliding door system requires attention for safety reasons. There is one beeper that is shared between both slide door control units and is part of the right power slide door control unit. The left power slide door control unit sends a message to the right power slide door control unit to request beeper operation. The beeper operates in three modes: Three Beep-Beeper sounds for 500 ms is off for 250 ms three times, this tone applies during the following conditions: • Trap detection operation
• Emergency stop operation
• Power slide door open operation is requested from the remote transmitter or power sliding door switches on the dashboard while the door is locked.
• Power slide door close operation is requested while the pinch sensor is ON.
• Power slide door open operation is requested while the fuel fill door is open.

Continuous Tone-Beeper sounds a solid, continuous tone until the condition causing the warning is eliminated. This tone applies during the following conditions: • The door is neither fully open nor fully closed, the vehicle is stopped, and the shift lever is out of Park or the shift lever is in Neutral and the foot brake or parking brake is OFF.

• The door is not fully closed and the vehicle speed (VSP) or wheel speed (VSPWHEEL) is not zero.

• Unintentional Slide Prevention is active (electromagnetic clutch is on).

• Unintentional Slide Prevention has been canceled by the inner or outer handle, but the door is still not in the fully open or fully closed position.

Continuous Beep-Beeper sounds for 500 ms and then is off for 250 ms continuously until the condition causing the warning is eliminated. This tone applies during the following conditions: • The door is closing while the vehicle speed (VSP) or wheel speed (VSPWHEEL) is not zero.

• The door is closing while the shift lever is out of park.

System has self diagonstic functions and appropriate scan tools can retrieve the trouble codes to find out what is wrong.

Try rehoming the system to see if it works.

RE-HOMING THE DOORS

If the power slide door control unit has lost power for any reason (battery disconnected, etc.), The doors must be re-homed before they will work properly. The power sliding door control unit must relearn the door's home position so it can use the revolution sensor to keep track of the door's position when it is moving.

1. Erase the sliding door DTCs by removing the No. 7 fuse from the under-dash fuse/relay box.

2. Turn off the Main switch for the doors. Make sure the ignition switch is in LOCK (0).

2. Fully close the power sliding door manually (the control unit must see the full latch switch and the ratchet switch closed at the same time).

4. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II). Turn on the Main switch.

5. Test the door operation with the power sliding door switch, the remote transmitter, and the door handles.

Camachojd - Did you ever get your problems resolved? I have a 05 Odyssey and I'm having the exact same problems. VSA, ABS and triangle exclamation lights are on. I can be in park, in a parking lot, on level ground, and my sliding doors will not open without first turning the engine completely off.

Rabon79
I realize this is almost a year later but maybe it will help future visitors to this site. I had the exact symptoms described with the VSA, ABS, triangle and my rear doors would not open. The problem turned out to be a wheel sensor, that a rodent chewed thru a signal wire. After the sensor was replaced the door problems and faulty lights disappeared.

Poppatm