ENGINE MAKES A TICKING SOUND.

2006 Ford Focus • 56,000 miles

When I press on the gas pedal it makes a ticking sound, the more I press the louder it gets, when the car stops or even in park everything is fine, and feels like a new car, I've changed timming chain oil pump chain, guards, gaskts, vale seals, spark plugs and it won't stop the noise, ihavent found a mecanic that could find the problem please help me. Thank you.
Charles420

Does it tick louder when under driving acceleration vs idle revving or the same?

Fixitmr
The ticking sound is the same driving or pressing on the gas pedal in park, it only dose it when you accelerate, the cheak engine dose not light up so im gussing it not electric. Please help me, no mecanic has been able to find the problem.

Charles420
IF YOU POP THE HOOD AND LISTEN

DOES IT SOUND LIKE IT'S AT THE TOP END OF THE ENGINE?

IF SO,

COULD BE A DIRTY TAPPET, NOT WORKING CORRECTLY (SEALING WHEN IT SHOULD). EZist WAY TO TRY TO FIX THIS ISSUE IS: NEXT OIL CHANGE SUBSTITUTE 1 QT OF MARVEL MYSTERY OIL, FOR A NORMAL QT OF OIL YOU WOULD NORMALLY PUT IN (NOT ADD A QT, AND BE OVERFILLED BY A QT!). WHILE YOU ARE DRIVING, "MMO", MAY CLEAN IT UP, "MMO" CAN BE LEFT IN, UNTIL NEXT CHANGE. OR YOU CAN RUN A NEW BATCH. READ THE BOTTLE!

IF YOU GET IT TO QUIET DOWN, YOU MIGHT DO WHAT I DO, I USE OIL STABILIZER EVERY OIL CHANGE IN MY 1977 JEEP CJ 5. I DRIVE IT ALMOST EVERY DAY, AND I REBUILT THE ENGINE IN '96, IT IS STILL GOING STRONG. (I DID NOT USE THE STABILIZER UNTIL MY 4TH OIL CHANGE, I WANTED TO INSURE MY CYLINDERS WERE BROKE IN WELL AT ABOUT 12,000 MILES)

I HAVE'NT HAD TO USE IT IN MY PRESENT CJ 5.I HAVE HAD 5 OTHER CJ 5s PRIOR TO THIS ONE, THE MMO, HELPED WITH SEVERAL OF THEM. I HAD ONE THAT WOULD NOT STOP, I USED A LITTLE MORE DRASTIC MEASURE WITH IT, BY INSTALLING A PUSH ROD A FEW THOUSANDTHS LONGER THAN THE ONE THAT WAS PUSHING ON THE ONE THAT WAS DOING THE "TAPPING". THAT SORTA JUST RE-POSITIONED THE PLUNGER INSIDE THE TAPPET AND IT BEGAN "SEALING" AS IT SHOULD, AND THE TAPPING CEASED.

IT IS ALSO POSSIBLE THAT THE ONLY WAY TO FIX THIS ISSUE MIGHT BE TO REPLACE THE LIFTER (TAPPET), IF THIS INDEED IS WHAT IS MAKING YOUR RACKET.

THERE ARE ALWAYS "PROS" AND "CONS" WITH EVERYTHING.I AM "PRO" WITH TRYING THE MMO, IT WILL NOT HURT NUTHIN'---BUT IF YOU FEEL ITS A DIFFERENT ISSUE OTHER THAN JUST A ROCKER ARM/ PUSH ROD TAPPING, YOU NEED TO GET OTHER OPINIONS

REGARDLESS HOW MUCH TIME PASSES--PLEASE RETURN TO THIS POST (SO WE GET A EMAIL NOTIFICATION) AND LET US KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON