WON'T START WHEN COLD

2000 Ford Focus

2000 Ford Focus ZTS 86k *Please help : cry: . For the last couple of weeks I have been having a huge problem starting my car in the mornings when it's cold (maybe 50/60 degrees) The engine will crank but not start up and when I can finally get it to start up it kills immediately. Finally I was able to step on the gas as soon as the car started up and hold the pedal down for about a minute and the car would stay running. The funny thing about all of this is after I finally do get the car running and it warms up I have no further problems starting the car until the next cold morning. However this morning it took 25 minutes to finally get it to stay running and I really need to get this fixed before one morning it won't start at all. Any advice : .I know it's not the battery or the fuel pump and when driving the car there are no signs of idle problems, nor does the car cut off while driving, after I get it going.
StarFlower1

Focus was put on diagnostic machine, came back that I needed a new ignition coil. I replaced the coil yesterday. Came out this morning to start the car. It started right up but then killed seconds later.I tried this 3-4 more times with the same results. Any advice?

StarFlower1
Live sumwhere cold? My mom used to live in wyoming and her crap would freeze up. Shed have to put a heater on her car all night. Ill ask her what was wrong, wat frooze up so I could help u more.

Jdpheonix
I live in California where it's pretty moderate and is only around 50 degrees in the morning. This morning it started right up and didn't kill. I don't know if it's because it's been much warmer in the mornings or if maybe the new coil did the trick. I did however add some HEET to the gas yesterday and maybe that did it. I'll keep my fingers crossed. : D thanks

StarFlower1
Ya, ive been told to gas line can freezee up. I think you can buy little magnetic heater thingys to help with that tho.

Buy the way. SO CAL RULES!

Jdpheonix