WITHIN ONE WEEK I HAD TO REPLACE BOTH MY A/C CONDENSER AND COMPRESSOR AT A COST OF C$1900. BOTH COMPONENETS FAILING "TOGETHER?" I FEEL RIPPED OFF.

2006 Ford Escape • 50 miles

The Escape only has a bit over 50k. So maybe not a question but, wtf? I could replace the entire A/C system for that kind of money, no? Am I just unlucky? The local Ford dealership is doing the work.
Rodfurlong

So did they explain why both had to be replaced? Also the dealer will charge higher labor rates then most local shops, as well as paying more for the parts then at a local parts store too. I can see replacing the compressor with the reciever dryer so my question is what was wrong with the condensor?

Racefan966
The condenser supposedly had a hole. The day we replaced the compressor the A/C blew cold air. That lasted maybe a couple days. The mechanic stated that the hole was not present in the Condenser when the compressor was replaced otherwise the system couldn't be pressured up and the Freon would have sprayed out. Sounded reasonable to me at the time. I guess it just pisses me off. Just my bad luck? How much to replace the whole system.I'm up to about C$1900. *Sigh*

Rodfurlong
Wow what a price for A/C however you are at the dealer so how much is there labor rate? Also how much were the parts? I could give you after market prices and shop rate other then the dealer but it won't do any good now. Wonder what put the hole in condensor. Bad luck yes I would say so.

Racefan966