KNOCKING SOUND

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser • 57 miles

Knocking sound coming from. Some where on the car. By REPLACING the P0325 KNOCK SENSOR. MAKE THR NOISE GO AWAY?
Myladygloria

-You need to describe this knocking noise-is it like throwing a bunch of marbles in an empty tin can if so could be pinging and the KS is not retarding the ignition timing

Knocking sound.. When I speed up it stops completely.. When I brake or start out slow it knocks.I had the tires check.I believe the noise is coming from the engine. And no it does not sound like marbles in an empty tin can. Its seperit knocks. Like going over speed bumps. Does that help?

Myladygloria
Coming from the engine could be valves/lifters, engine bearings, low oil pressure -due to oil pump and sludge

Ok, I used to have a very quite running engine. The engine light came on so I took it in. Computer test found fault code p0340 and p0325. They repaced the p0340 but did not replace p0325. By the time I got home the engine was so loud I thought a helicopter was following me. Of course I called. But I was told to bring it in if the light came back on. No light just louder and louder engine noise and now the knocks?

Myladygloria
Get the engine oil pressure checked