IDLES FINE, STALLS WHEN PUT INTO GEAR EITHER FORWARD OR REVERSE

2005 Pontiac Grand Am • 95,000 miles

Idles great, stalls at idle when put into gear and given throttle to move. You can give it half throttle to keep it from stalling and get it to move. Have replaced tps, fuel pressure regulator, fuel filter, have a new ignition control module just dont want to install it unless I have to. Fuel pressure at key turn on (engine not started) has been 48 psi and 50 and 51 at different times fuel pressure at idle (engine running) is 48-51 psi. Pulling vacuum off of pressure regulator increases psi to 53-55. Adjusting throttle from idle to 2700 - 3300 rpm pressure dips to 44 then goes up to 53. Engine sounds healthy at idle and moving throttle by hand quick to respond. No codes in system anywhere. Battery voltage good. When changing fuel filter I noticed fuel looked like it had a silver sheen to it? Vacuum lines feel fine and tight.I cant hear any whistling while running. Anyone have any ideas? No misfire codes or erratic idle. Needs plugs but they are ok right now. This didnt happen when driving came home one night, parked it the next morning this started happening. Iac looks ok pintle moves and goes back, egr not clogged, sprayed down mass with correct cleaner. Cleaned throttle blade and plate. Just scratching my head : (
Bartlingwall

Have you checked for an intake leak?

I havent should I use starter fluid around the base if the intake to see if there is an rpm increase or is there a better way

Bartlingwall
That would work or carb and choke cleaner. Just make sure to have a fire extinguisher near by. It can catch fire if it hits something hot enough.

Do you really think it could be an intake large enough to stall the car its not like its starving its more like almost a sensor shutting it down. I also hear a clicking by the fuel next to what used to be called the charcoal canister. Is there a valve or relay in there that could be shutting it down?

Bartlingwall
Sounds like a clogged cat converter.

Possible I could drop exhaust and check but even if the engine is cold and I am talking like 20 secs or so it will do this. I thought usually when cats go out usually takes a bit of warming before it starts to happen

Bartlingwall
Nope, not when they are clogged.

Ok will drop exhaust and check for that didnt notice it glowing or smell anything hot. Anyone else have any ideas on things to check for Please?

Bartlingwall
Good luck