PONTIAC GRAND AM COOLANT PROBLEM

2005 Pontiac Grand Am • 180,000 miles

I was driving my car one day and it started blowing white smoke that smelled like coolant through my air vents. That eventually stopped but then my car started losing all the coolant and overheated. Before I started overheating it was putting when I would accelerate. Sooo we by passed the heater thinking that went bad. Ran a test drive and did ok a few blocks but after accelerating it stated clicking but did get louder the faster we went it seemed like it went away. Pop the hood and the clicking is coming from the pulleys the big pulley at the bottom (crank pulley?) Is wobbly. Should it be? Or what else could be happening? Any suggestions?

The wobbling pulley is most likely the harmonic balancer coming apart. Auto parts stores have huge catalogs listing replacements for all kinds of engines. That would not typically be related to losing coolant.