THE AIR CONDINITONING AND HEATER HAVE BOTH QUIT WORKING?

2005 Mitsubishi Galant • 80,650 miles

My wife started haveing problems with the air would stop working so she would turn it off drive for a while then turn it back it would work till today. They both have stoped working. I have checked both fuse's for the air under the hood fuse number 6 in the line that it shows in the book for the car its a 10amp fuse not blown so I then check the heater one on the inside of he car fuse box and it was not blown but still no air or heat as a matter fact thhere was no sound coming each one.
Loran g

JUST GOING THRU THE BASICS

SOUNDS LIKE YOUR BLOWER MOTOR IS NOT WORKING W/ HVAC NOT BLOWING AIR

COULD BE THAT YOU MISSED THE BLOWER FUSE IN YOUR FUSE BOX(ES)

MAYBE THE FAN MOTOR/ A RELAY/ A RESISTOR/ OR THE CONTROLS ARE BAD

THIS IS HOW I HAVE KEPT MY TOTAL OF 7 JEEPS AND THE FAMILY VEHICLES OUT OF "PAY SHOPS" FOR MANY YEARS...THESE ARE WELL WORTH THE MONEY...SEE MY LINK BELOW

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/2007-ford-taurus-tune-up

ANOTHER REALLY GOOD RESOURCE IS IN MY NEXT LINK...LOOK AT THE ONES THAT BEST SUIT YOUR PROBLEM...CHANGE MY "SEARCH WORDING" YOU MAY GET BETTER RESULTS, LOOK AT THE SUGGESTIONS THAT COME UP BESIDE EACH VIDEO

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=galant+heater&oq=galant+heater&aq=f&aqi=g-m2&aql=&gs_l=youtube-reduced.12..0i5l2.2396.9486.0.14078.13.12.0.1.1.0.281.2504.3j1j8.12.0...0.0.BDhCOHevPno

THE VIDEOS ARE GREAT AS FAR AS WATCHING WHAT THE PROCEDURES ARE, AND IF YOU WANNA GET THAT INVOLVED.....I ALWAYS ABIDE BY THE REPAIR MANUAL AS FAR AS DOING THE PROCEDURES PROPERLY, I GENERALLY ASSUME THE MANUAL HAS BEEN THOROUGHLY "TESTED" BEFORE IT IS RELEASED FOR THE PUBLIC....THE VIDEOS ARE NOT

LET ME KNOW HOW IT GOES

Give the blower motor housig under the dash some banging to see if the blower starts working. If yes, the motor has failed.