KIS WONT START

2005 Kia Sorento • 6 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 132,000 miles

2005 Kia Sorento, Will not start I was told it needed a timing belt because it broke. So I went to change the timing belt and its not broke and appers to be fine. It turns over fine and everything looks fine. I sprayed starter fluid down the intake and didnt get anything. Then I checked for spark and its got spark. The lady I got the car from told me a week before this happened there was a code for the cat. Should I ignore this code? I also have not ran the codes myself so I do not know if there anyothers. Please help!
Driggers48

**Cranks but no start condition: Do below to determine if its a fuel or spark problem

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine at least 3/16 away from ground -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if so, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it.

I do have spark! And I am bipassing the fuel system by putting starting fluid directly into the intake manifold! I was hoping to do this and if it started with the starting fluid I would know I have a fuel issue but I dint get anything. Just a few weeks before this happned I had a check engine light for a catilitic converter. Would this have something to do with my issue?

Driggers48
You got spark-but using starter fluid no combustion-Recheck for spark it should combust for a few secs and dies off-