IS THERE ONLY ONE AIR MIX MODE ACTUATOR?

2005 Ford Focus • 110,000 miles

The heat/ac only comes out of the front vents no matter what position the control nob is on (defrost, floor, etc). At first it would change but sounded like something, a damper, was sticking. Now the **** just turns but doesnt change where the air comes out. I replaced the air mix actuator located behind the glove box but that wasn't it. The ford shop said there are several located behind the dash but everything I have looked up online always refers to only one. Am I on the right track? And how can I figure out which one needs replaced? I'm trying to repair on my own since no one can give me an estimate b/c it involves tearing out the dash. Thanks
Mrose1

There is one blend air door, but other vent doors change the air flow direction. I can't recall for sure, but I believe they are actuated by engine vacuum. Check for vacuum leaks. They could be electric, but vacuum on this vehicle sticks in my mind. If you are lucky, you may hear a hissing sound where the leak is with the engine running.