MY BA TRANSMISSION :)

2005 Ford Falcon • 195,000 miles

Hey mate, my 2005 ford falcon(with 195000 kms) has a automatic with triptronic, I've had it for a year now, when I used the triptronic, I had accidently downshifted to first gear from second at about 20 kmph and the car transmission would make a thud, and the car would engine brake slightly, the revs wont go up by much, but im more worried about the transmission. I've done this about 8 times the other day using the triptronic. However ive tested the car in auto mode and the gear changes seemed fine.

if any damage is done, is it serious damage as in the transmission will break or something, or its minor damage like slight wear?

Much appreciated : )
Fords4life

The only way to find out is to bring it to a transmission shop and have it further diagnosed

Normally not a real problem, the transmission will only down shift if the internal pressures and speed sensors are in the correct range, with that said, try not to over do it, as the shock loading will eventually cause some damage.

Mhpautos