HARD SHIFT

2005 Dodge Durango • 125,000 miles

Car has been to 5 dealers, 4 tranny shops, and 8 mobile guys. Last tranny guy said it is not tranny do not let anyone touch tranny.
All it does is one hard shift at 10-15mph other then that car runs fine. This been going on 3 years with no further damage or getting worse.

Already changed input & output vss, tps, idle air control valve, and did a filter and fluid change on tranny.
Been checking grounds found one rusted and cleaned.
Battery tested good.

No CEL light ever, no pending codes on scan.

Any idea?
Peterson31324

How does it shift under hard acceleration?

Docfixit
Under normal it shifts hard at 10-15, if I do give it gas hard at about 20-25, still does the hard shift with tow/haul on.
Unhooking neg for 20min makes kt drive normal a few days.
Been being told it is a comp or sensor issue due to resetting comp stops it.
Note this started at 80,000 miles now 125,000 and whatever it is has not got any worse and overall proformance of car is great cept for hard shift is annoying.

Peterson31324
Do you have or can get a scan tool? If yes do this testHook up scanner start check for codes cycle off then start apply firm brake shift into overdrive hold at least 3 sec then slowly shift through all gears pausing at each gear do this 3 times shift to Park Ign off then ign on check for codes. Let me know results

Docfixit
Ok did what you said to do and still no codes.
Guy that hooked it to computer also drove it said he not sute. What direction to lead me in.

Do you think a reflash would work?
Could it be the pcm?

Peterson31324
Not sure about flash but problem seems to be PCM fact u nhook BATT drives good for a bit.

Docfixit
Would a shift solenoid also be able to be reset if the battery gets unhooked?
Some one told me torque converter lock up but, then when I told them it doesnt happen all the time and stops when batterygets unhooked he ruled that out.

Is the shift solenoid a computer part?

Peterson31324
Shift solenoid would not be effected by BATT disconnect either works or not

Docfixit
The past few days now unhooking the battery doesnt seem to be working.
Throttle tested fine fuel pressure tested at 57.
I just dont get what it is im really confused.

Peterson31324