DODGE DURANGO FIRE WALL PROBLEM

2005 Dodge Durango • 170,000 miles

5.7 Hemi, two wheel drive.
Last summer I was towing my camper back from the beach. The A/C pump went out @ 97 deg. I got a pump, expantion block (front and rear), and filtter dryer from auto zone. The expantion block looked slightly different but I used it anyway. It got cold but must be building up head presure too much because it gets warm just sitting still in a parking lot, (still blowing and pump still ingaged). I put the original expantion block back on. Now it gets cold but when I come to a stop or start to coast to slow down, I get a very rapid loud purring thud. It sounds like its coming from the expantion block or right there on the fire wall. It goes out imidiatly when I turn off the A/C. I thought I might have put in too much freeon in so I let some out, only to have to put more back in to get it cool.
Larsen125

How much did you put in?

What are the pressures?

Did you vacuum it down?

I do not remember right off hand how much I put in, but it was the recomended amount and I did not go over the 100+temp markfor the presure, and yes I did vacume it down for about 45min. Used the vacume that Auto zone has on there loan a tool program.

Larsen125
And the pressures?

180 or so, I can't remember but I will check it again tonight.

Larsen125