CHRYSLER PT CRUISER BATTERY PROBLEM

2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser • 135,000 miles

Shut car off in drive, now own start
Jonna.m.campbell

Have the battery and charging system checked. Is it turning over?

Cadieman
Will it crank? If yes, have a helper crank it while you visually check for spark at the spark plugs. If you have spark everywhere, use a gage and check fuel pressure. Any applicable trouble codes?

Car will not crank. I had the neuatral saftey switch replaced, still no crank, will not turn over. Taking key to dealer to get it checked. What else could it be?

Jonna.m.campbell
Battery and altenator new.

Jonna.m.campbell
Hi, I didn't see cadieman when I posted, he was here first. I don't want to butt-in.

Np jdl the more the marrier

Cadieman
Is the security lite on the flashing when you try to start? Any applicable trouble codes? Note the diagram. The pcm controls the coil side of starter relay. The load side of relay, has the line with arrowhead. If you use a jumper between the two terminals on the load side of relay, the starter should crank. Just make sure the tranny is in park or neutral and the e-brake is set. If the security system is involved, even if you crank it, it may not start.

Note the fuse in diagram, not only check the fuse, check for voltage on fuse circuit.

Have you checked the charging system? Will the battery Pass a load test? Check the voltage at the starer. Then check for power on the seloniod s terminal for a start signal when the key is in crank position.

Cadieman