CHEVROLET EQUINOX ENGINE PROBLEM

2005 Chevrolet Equinox • 112,400 miles

I have a 2005 Equinox FWD with about 112,400 miles. It's in great shape, but I just encountered a problem today. It is quite cold here with freezing rain, and as I pulled out of a parking lot, the check engine, reduced engine perfor, and traction control lights all lit up and stayed on. The car would also barely accelerate in drive unless I put the pedal down to about 25000 rpms, and then it would accelerate slowly. I cut the car off and let it sit, then tried again with the same results. I ended up having to put it into L2 to get home (2 min drive). (Shifting from L2 to L4 to Drive worked okay, but I only tried it once in order to see how the car responded.) Any help about possible problems would be much appreciated. Thank you.
Pau2099

You either have a failed throttle body or pedal sensor for the fly by wire system/

turn off the car and re start. It may bring everything back on line for now but will fail again.