REPLACING A BCM

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier • 85,000 miles

How do you replace a BCM on a 2005 Chevy Cavalier? The radio stays on after someone opens a door (yes the car is off). Doesn't matter which door opens, the radio stays on.
Sarah B

Thats the only symptom you have?If so I would see if there was a calibration file for bcm to fix that issue.

A calibration file?

Sarah B
Yes the body control module has a calibration file in it aka software. That would be a rap calibration retained accessory power where when you opened the door the radio would turn off.I would call the dealer and see if they can help you out.

DeNooyer Chevrolet charges $105 to diagnose and Elhart GMC charges $89.95. Which is why I'm asking for help on the internet.
If I could somehow turn off the RAP I would but there is no single fuse or 'switch' to do so.

Sarah B
Again that would be part of the rap contained in the calibration file in the bcm thats not a switch you can just flip. Call the dealer and ask them if there is a updated calibration file for the bcm to turn the radio off when opening the door.