04 NO THROTTLE RESPONSE ONLY GOES 10MPH AND IT JERKS AS IT WOULD LOSE POWER

2004 Saturn L300 • 21,000 miles

Hi, I have a 04 Saturn L300 with some problems that im trying to figure out and fix. Well the car started acting like this out of nowhere. In park it revs good, but when I put in drive and step on the accelerator it has almost no response and it would like jerk. Thanks in advance.
Jr05

So is the reduce power light on?Also do you have the 2.2L or 3.0L engine?If the reduced performance light is not on then I suspect possible a plugged cat. Have you had the computer scanned for codes?

I dont know about the reduced power light, which is that one? 3.0L. These are the codes I got p0341, p2110, p2138.

Jr05
P2110 and P2138 are tied together you would diagnose the P2138 which is accelerator pedal position sensor 1-2 correlation. The P0341 is camshaft position sensor performance. The code P2138 is most likely a bad accelerator pedal position sensor. But you would have to go thru the trouble tree for that code. You would have to use a multimeter to check the circuits from the accelerator pedal sensor to the ecm. That way you would narrow it down to a wire issue or a sensor issue. You would do the same thing with the code P0341. The reason it only goes 10 mph is because the computer put the car in limp mode because there is a failure in the throttle by wire system.

Ok, I do have a multimeter. What would the values or specs be? Where would I check it, at the pedal or the ecm? So you dont think its a clogged cat?

Jr05
If you had a clogged cat it wouldnt set any of those codes. Also you need to check the wires from the pedal to the ecm the wires from end to end with the multimeter. Also the cam sensor code as well I will get you the info on that.

Ok sounds good thanks. One question, if the pedal position sensor would be bad, would I have good throttle response in park abd neutral?

Jr05
Because throttle response in park and neutral seems to be good.

Jr05
You have a code for the pedal sensor and when in gear its in limp so sounds like a issue with the pedal sensor or wiring issue.

Ok I see, I can check the circuits out with my multimeter, but what would be the correct specs or what numbers should I look for on the pedal sensor and the cam sensor?

Jr05
Lets do this first clear the codes and lets see if ethier the pedal sensor or cam sensor code comes right back?If they dont its going to be hard to check the wires. The tests iam talking about are checking the wire ends from point A to point B and see what the resistance is from the ecm to the sensor.

Page 1 of 3