HOW TO REPLACE BELT MOLDING

2004 Saturn Ion • 95,000 miles

I have a Saturn ion 2 quad coupe. On the front doors, the belt molding (molding at top of door panel, rubbing along window, ) is dry rotted and bubbled up. I found the parts online but, I'm confused as to how to actually replace it and weather or not the parts come with the inside weather stripping attached or if that's separate. Where can I find a full diagram of the door panels or, how do I replace the molding?
Zbruni

Is this the outside molding that attaches to the top of the outter door skin?

Yes I believe so.

Zbruni
You have the inner belt molding at the top of the inner door panel base of the window. Or the outter belt molding at the top of the outter door skin base of the window?

The outer belt molding is what needs to be replaced

Zbruni
That one comes complete with the rubber piece. What website did you find it at?

It was a discount Gm parts website called discountsgmparts. Net

Zbruni
They also have them at http://www.parts.com i have ordered dealer item parts from them before.

That molding is easy to change open the door you will see a screw holding the molding on opposite side of the mirror. Remove the screw then the molding pops up and slide it out from under the mirror.

Thank you is replacing the new one just as easy or do I have to beware of anything while sliding it in?

Zbruni
No you you just snap the mirror side of the molding down then slide the molding under the mirror then snap the rest of it down. Then put the screw back in its really easy.