NO SPARK AT THE PLUGS

2004 Nissan X-Trail • 70,000 miles

I have a nissan x trail that just cut out and now there is no spark at the plugs, ive had it on a nissan diagnostic machine they changed the accelerator canshaft and crankshaft sensors and that cleared all faults but still no spark chacked the timing which was off so changed the timing chain and tentioners. Still no spark there is also no signal at the fuel pump but I have checked it is working
Jamsie119

Test for injector pulse using a small bulb called a noid light. If none found, check for power supply at one side of the injector with the key on and let me know what you have there.

Wrenchtech
On the diagnostic tool you shoudl be able to see if the crank and cam sensor are pulsing. Likewise the injectors can be tested.

Checked at injector there is 3 cables there is 9v on one cable and nothing at the other 2 cables and no voltage at the fuel pump

Jamsie119
The diagnostic machine is saying everything is fine

Jamsie119
REading the codes would show everything is fine. Reading the live data could be a differentstory.

Fuel pump would not have any voltage if engine is not running. It would have voltage briefly when ignition switch is turned on and unless you are cranking the engine, there would be no voltage. If no sparks are available, the fuel pump relay would not be activated as well during cranking.

The injector should have battery voltage and if it shows 9 volts, that could mean the battery is not fully charged or there is a loose connection somewhere.

How about the ignition coils, it requires one of the wire to have battery voltage as well.

Checked the ignition colis theres 3 cables at them one has 12v and the other 2 are both dead. Charged the battery and used a booster pack with it all conections I tried are 12v but still nothing at the fuel pump or spark plugs

Jamsie119
If vehicle is equipped wit immobilizer, have it checked. If the transponder is not communicating, the starter would be able to crank but engine would not fire up. If you have a spare key, use it to test.

If not equipped with immobilizer, recheck the crankshaft position sensor. Remove it and check the reluctor for damage. Test wire for continuity between the ignition coil and ECM.

I was thinking the immobilizer but not sure if anythin I can do to check it or if I would have to get someone out to do it, when you turn key in ignition the led of dash flashes then goes on steady

Jamsie119
The light should go off. That means it is not responding to the immobilizer. A correct scan tool should be able to check it out. As I mentioned, if you have a spare key, try it.