CAR

2004 Nissan Maxima • 140,000 miles

My '04 Nissan Maxima overheats only when at idle, the temp drops back to normal when car is moving. Also, I just noticed that the a/c doesnt blow cold air while at idle either. It blows cold once the car is moving.

.I'm thinking that the 2 problems are being caused by either a bad fan motor or bad fan motor fuse. Is it most likely that or could it be something else?

Thanks for your help!
Dhornb1

Check the cooling fans first. Both should come on with the A/C turned on and compressor running.

Ensure there are sufficient coolant in the radiator and you do not have coolant losses.

I havent looked at it yet but I believe there are 2 fans. Is there 1 fuse for both fans or does each fan have their own fuse?

(I assume if one one fan is turning then I have a bad fan motor on one).

Dhornb1
They are 2 different circuits and work independent of each other. Have a look first.

Oops sorry for the typo.I meant to say that I assume if only one fan is turning then I have a bad fan motor on the other one.

Dhornb1
Oh ok, thanks!

Dhornb1
You need test to confirm if it is a fan or other issues.