I DRIVE A , 4 CYL WITH 99000MI ABOUT A MONTH AGO IT STARTED SHUTTING OFF WHEN I CAME TO A STOP, I TOOK IT TO THE SHOP THE CLEANED THE THROTTLE BODY, AND THE PROBLEM DIDN'T STOP, I TOOK IT BACK AND THEY SAID THEY HAVE NO IDEA...THERE IS NO CHEC

2004 Mazda 6 • 99,000 miles

I drive a 2004 Mazda 6, 4 cyl with 99000mi about a month ago it started shutting off when I came to a stop, I took it to the shop the cleaned the throtTle body but it didn't stop, took it back to them and a week later they said they have no idea. I checked the hoses and they are good, the problem has gotten worse, now in addition to the shutting off, when I accelorate the rpms bounce way down a couple times before it will take off and it does this in about every gear. I am deploying soon and I really don't want to leave my wife with this problem any help is greatly appreciated
Nicholasj234

Scan for codes and check fuel pressure first. Check the vacuum at intake and if below 15" @idle check for plugged converter

I checked all hoses and there are no codes?

Nicholasj234
Re read the first reply

Gotcha sorry, is that this black small square thing on the the intake, tube.

Nicholasj234
Ideally if you can connect the vacuum gauge to where I have the arrow pointing inthe picture would be best. Hopefully this is the correct engine I have sent you.