KIA OPTIMA TROUBLE CODE PROBLEM

2004 Kia Optima • 6 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 120,000 miles

I have a kia optima and everytime I fuel it I have trouble starting it until pressing peddle to floor then it starts revs and then holding at 1500 rpm it will maintain after couple min the dealership said it is some vent tube plugged from over filling and some filter I do not know where to look for it and it hesitates until fully primed
Steveshotwell

This is quite common for Kia vehicles. A fault in the EVAP system. Get a scan done to check for trouble codes and let me know if any found.

Evap system were is it how is it serviced I was told there is a filter that has to be cleaned of fuel

Steveshotwell
EVAP system leads from front to rear with a few component and if there are any trouble codes, it would help to pin point the problem.

Without any trouble codes, you would have to check the complete system which includes hoses and solenoids.

Well all I know is they had to clean the entire system of fuel plugging vacuum lines which caused it to hesitate

Steveshotwell
Has it been done and did it solve the problem?