MY CAR WON'T START

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee • 118,000 miles

I have a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Larado that will not start. When I turn the key it will make a single click sound and nothing else. For about a month it has been kind of hesitant to start. All my lights, radio, power window and locks all work. Could it be the starter (even though it was replaced about 2 years ago)?
Samano02

Yes it can be the starter. Have you checked the battery yet?Do you have a multimeter?

EVEN A BRAND NEW STARTER CAN BE/ OR GO BAD!....OR A RELAY

(NOW-A-DAYS, PROBABLY A LOT TO DO WITH "TEXTING", WHEN ONE SHOULD BE WORKING)

LET'S DO THE CHEAP-DIRTY WORK FIRST, BEFORE YOU START BUYIN' STUFF

THE LINK I'M ABOUT TO PROVIDE IS THE MOST COMMON SOLUTION TO A "SET-BACK" LIKE YOU ARE EXPERIENCING....SEE MY ANSWER IN THIS ONE

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/1996-chevrolet-tahoe-wont-start-sounds-dead-battery-jumpbox-get-same-reults

RETURN WITH GOOD NEWS!

Thats a gm vechile that has a different color trigger wire then the jeep also other differences. If the battery is good also if your battery cables are clean and tight. Also if its the starter making the clicking sound see if you have battery voltage to the light green wire at the starter with the key in the start position?

WHERE'D A COLORED WIRE COME IN?

I'M JUST TRYIN TO GET 'EM TO ATTACK THEIR CONNECTIONS SERIOUSLY. MOST PEOPLE JUST SORTA "FINGER THEM" AND MAYBE STICK A PAIR OF PLIERS ON A TERMINAL CLAMP NUT

RECENT HAPPY FELLER SENT ME THIS RESPONSE: Thanks much.I found the problem. It was a loose wire close to the starter that I wouldn't have found if it wasn't for your (spit in your face drill sergeant treatment) that I ultimately needed. You saved me a ton of $ from having an auto repair garage diagnose the problem. Thanks again.

Samano02. ARE YOU GONNA GIVE US SOME GOOD NEWS OR WHAT?