FORD EXPLORER WHEEL PROBLEM

2004 Ford Explorer • 106,000 miles

Hello! I am pretty sure the drivers front wheel bearing is going bad in my girlfriends 2004 explorer 2wd. Does the 2wd have a bearing hub like the 4wd? I am having a hard time finding a bearing set. I have not pulled the wheel yet to look at it. I just wanted to buy the parts first so I would have them. Any info or diagrams would help. I have looked all over the internet for help. Thanks, Ken

Do you have the new bearing? Is it a complete hub assembly?
Alldata is ver vague on the 2wd model.

No. Have been looking for the parts on autozone website, and orielly website. All it lists is a hub assembly. I am guessing that the 2wd has an assembly just like the 4wd. I wanted to have the parts ready, since my girlfriend lives miles away from an auto parts store. I have never replaced the front bearings on a Ford. I assumed it was just like most 2wd vehicles, and the bearings were packed in the rotor.

Tesla914