I GOT THIS CODE P0440 WHAT DOES IT MEAN AND HOW CAN I FIX IT? THANK YOU!!

2004 Chrysler Town and Country • 149,000 miles

I wanted to try and fix this myself. Please could you point mein the right direction, thank you Code p0440 Chrysler Town and Country (2004)3.3L. As always if you help solves my problem I will donate
Tonyd235

This indicates that a part of the EVAP control system is no longer fuctioning correctly. The EVAP system consists of many parts, including (but not limited to) the gas cap, fuel lines, carbon canister, purge valve, and other hoses. The (EVAP) emission control system prevents the escape of fuel vapors from a vehicle's fuel system. Fuel vapors are routed by hoses to a charcoal canister for storage. Later, when the engine is running a purge control valve opens allowing intake vacuum to siphon the fuel vapors into the engine. Check that the EVAP solenoid valve is connected, also check all the pipes

Jacksprat
Just to add to this one. The first thing I would check is the gas cap see if the oring on the cap is weather checked craking etc. Also I had a 2002 with the 3.3L same code and what I found was under the air box you will see the vaccuum lines that come off the canister purge solenoid see if they are cracking split etc. Also follow those lines under the passenger side of the van to the charcoal canister inspect the hose and see if there spliting etc.I found all those hoses split replaced them reset code never came back. Thats really common on those vans. Let me know what you find.