CHEVROLET AVALANCHE CRUISE CONTROL PROBLEM

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche • 149,000 miles

2004 Chevy avalanche cruise control doesn't work

Im guessing it is your brake light module located on your brake pedal. This also actuates your cruise and is common problem with Chevys. They are like $11 at a parts store.

Blaze45
I have went to autozone, advanced, o'reily website. There is no such part listed. Is it called something else? Thanks

Rswizards
This.

Brake Light Switch Chevrolet Silverado 2500 AC-Delco D1586H

Check to make sure it will fit your 04.

Blaze45
I have a 1500. Same?

Rswizards
This is the part that I think needs to be replaced. Call an auto parts store to confirm that it will fit your make and model.

Blaze45
Replaced the unit but still no cruise

Rswizards
Try unplugging the box that controls the cruise, plug back in and try again to see if it works. Its under the hood it tends to build up moisture in the connector. I attached a picture of the box where the connector is located.

Is there anything wrong with the truck? Check engine light/ system error ect? If so, cruise won't turn on.

89018964 Module, HTR & BLO & A/C CONT this is an updated part # for the blower control unit if that has gone out.

Look into these, good luck!

Blaze45
The cruise control disengages off of the brake system so you need to also check into that and makes sure that the system is functioning properly. If you have any LEDs or aftermarket brake lights, this could influence how things are running. Check to make sure that the 3rd brake light is working ect.

PS please disregard this-

Its for another truck Im looking into.

Blaze45
I do have led tail lights. Which one of the items am I unplugging? Also the fuse box inside the truck that has a fuse marked cruise control is fine but a bit corroded. Thanks

Rswizards
Has the cruise stopped working since you put them in? Did the fuse test good? Also is there any DTC / Check engine light / system errors with the truck right now?

Blaze45
Page 1 of 2