HOW TO REMOVE HARMONIC BALANCER/TIMING BELT

2003 Kia Optima • 100,000 miles

I nee to remove harmonic balancer, but it is attached to a pulley the timing belt is on. Can't get to teninoer on belt because it's behind timing belt cover. Can't remove cover because balancer is in he way. Please advise.
Ben

Benjan24

Damper stuck assmue bolt has been removed try taping around outer edge

Docfixit
Beat on it with big rubber mallet. Drawing is for 4 clyinder not 6. Can't find exploded view anywhere online of it and no manual is made for this vehicle. I am assuming from your response it should fall off? Should I beat on it more?

Benjan24
Seem after another look damper and timing pulley on crankshaft are one piece not 2. Please advise.
Ben

Benjan24
A little tap tap tap bam bam bam pop free. Broke it loose and cracked off edges of damper. It's off, will be replaced and repair can proceed. Thanks for your help. I still would love to see a exploded view of this assembly though.
Ben

Benjan24
Very common problem with Kia when you install coat pully and gear mating area with Antiseize compound

Docfixit