RIGHT TAIL LIGHTS

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee • 174,000 miles

My rear turn signals did not work at all. I replaced all the bulbs, did not fix the problem. Replaced the turn signal flasher(relay). Fixed part of the problem. Now the right rear turn signal does not work still.(Flashes inside a mile a minute) The reverse light doesn't work either. Any idea of what I can do besides take it to an overpriced dealer? Single broke Mom with zero car experience trying to do this myself. Thanks.
Pamatada1

Check for a bad ground circuit. At the taillights ensure all wiring are secure. You might need a test light or Digital Volt Meter to perform test.

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-use-a-voltmeter

The link explains how to use the DVOM. A test light is similar in usage.

Test the wiring at the light. The light itself is likely bad.

Wrenchtech
Thank you.I will try it out. I appreciate your advice!

Pamatada1
MY BESTUS BUDDY HAS A 2000, TAIL LIGHT/ TURN SIGNAL ISSUES.

THE BULB HOLDERS TWIST INTO THE FIXTURE ON THE REAR LIGHTS.

WE DID SOME SWAPPING AROUND OF "TWISTY HOLDERS" AND FOUND THAT THE SMALL CONTACT ON THE HOLDER HAD TO BE BENT OUT A LITTLE MORE (LITTLE COPPER TAB DEALEES), AND THE THREE CIRCULAR ARRANGED CONTACTS ON THE FIXTURE, HAD TO BE SLIGHTLY SANDED OR SCRAPED CLEAN WITH A KNIFE BLADE, TO CLEAN 'EM UP---JUST FOR "INSURANCE", WE APPLIED A THIN DAB OF DIELECTRIC GREASE ON ALL CONTACT SURFACES (AVAILABLE AT A PARTS STORE)

ALL SEEMS GOOD NOW, HE USUALLY FINDS ME WHEN SOMETHING AIN'T WORKING RIGHT!

LET US KNOW HOW IT GOES