GMC SIERRA ABS PROBLEM

2003 GMC Sierra • 38,000 miles

I took my GMC 2500HD to the dealer for the ABS light. I already ran the code and decided it was a module failure but I did not want to attempt the repair. When I picked it up, I went about ten feet before the truck stopped on it's own. After a little investigation, I noticed that when I turned the steering wheel the brake pedal would apply itself and the power steering pump could be heard straining itself. The dealer did not want to admit to a mistake and said the problem was in the hydro-boost. (Another $900.00) I don't see how the ABS and the hydro-boost could cross over but does anyone out there have experience with a problem like this? Thanks
Homebeforedark

For the base brakes and the power steering I can see them tieing together but not for the abs. Also replacing the abs computer and that happenings is crazy. Hard to say what went wrong without looking at it myself but if it didnt do that before bring it in I would be having a meeting with the service manager.